Taking on this role improves critical thinking, organization, time management, motivational and team-building skills.
The General Evaluator evaluates everything that takes place during the club meeting. In addition, the General Evaluator conducts the evaluation portion of the meeting and is responsible for the evaluation team: the speech evaluators, Ah Counter, grammarian and timer. As General Evaluator, you:
- The week leading up to the meeting check easy-speak for the agenda and fill in any rejected or vacant roles until all roles are filled
- Confirm speakers and roles on the agenda on easy-speak (send email by clicking on the person’s name on easy-speak and roles to click ACCEPT on Easy-speak)
- Ask confirmed speakers to send you a title and Speech Introduction
- Before the meeting work with the Toastmaster to ensure all club roles are filled, participants know their roles and responsibilities
- During of the meeting after you are introduced by the Toastmasters you will explain the purpose of your role and benefits of evaluations to the audience.
- Introduce each member of the evaluation team by their role and name (let evaluator speak)
- Ah counter
- Table Topics Master
- Time Keeper
- During the meeting, take notes and report on all club proceedings to evaluate things such as:
- Toastmaster/ prepared speeches
- Performance of duties
- Pass the podium the Chairman
HINT: Start with broad positive observations, lead into what could be improved and end with specific strong positive observations.