Hello Fellow Liberty VillageToastmasters,
Wednesday, May 29th is our election day for our new executive team (term ending June 30th). On Election Day, we need at least for 50% +1 of our members to be present to reach quorum, so please make an effort to attend.
the executive team is an opportunity for you to develop leadership and
executive skills, as well as contribute to our club. Our club relies on
our executive team to reach to the level of excellence and growth we
all want to achieve.
Training will be provided for each position. Make an impact and nominate yourself or someone by either replying to this email, or being present to submit your nomination.
The Positions available with core responsibilities are listed as follows (and you are welcome to contact our current officers for any questions):
· Provide supportive leadership for all of the club’s activities.
· General supervision of the club’s operations.
Current officer: Olga Sannikov
VP of Education
· Coordinate and schedule meetings.
· Keep track of our members’ progress.
· Mentorship program.
Current officer: Heidi Vandermeer
Secretary/ Assistant VP of Education
· Assist VP of Education with scheduling and coordinating events.
Current officer: Amanda Bankes
· In charge of financial policies, procedures and controls.
· Collect dues and pay dues to Toastmasters International, and maintain records.
· Make financial reports to the Club at least quarterly. Receive and disburse. with approval of the Club, all Club funds.
Current officer: Andrew Varden
VP of Membership
· Attend meetings regularly.
· Recruit new members.
· Provide membership information to guests.
Current officer: Desi (DES) Codinera
VP of Public Relations
· Promote our club through different forms of social media and networking.
· Update our website weekly.
Current officer: Theresa Pinter
Sergeant of Arms
· Prepare meeting room for weekly meeting. Maintain Club property, including banner, name tags, and supplies.
· Greet visitors. Chair of Social and Reception Committees.
Current officer: Esra Basol
Both new and current members are welcome to nominate themselves for any role. See you every Wednesday, and most especially Election Day!