Taking on this role improves organization skills, time management and facilitation skills.
The Topicsmaster delivers the Table Topics portion of the meeting, which helps train members to quickly organize and express their thoughts in an impromptu setting. As Topicsmaster, you:
- Table Topics begins after the Network Break.
- The Toastmaster will introduce the Topicsmaster.
- Select topics in advance of the meeting that allow speakers to offer opinions. Topics on the meetings theme is always good.
- The Topicsmaster will give a brief description of the days Table Topic. Explain that responses should express ones thoughts clearly and succinctly, lasting one to two minutes.
- Call on respondents at random and write their names up on the board.
- Give members who are not assigned a speaking role the opportunity to speak during the meeting by assigning impromptu talks on non-specialized themes or topics.
- Don’t ask two people the same thing unless you specify that it is to generate opposing viewpoints. Unless it is an open ended question.
- In clubs presenting a Best Table Topics speaker award, ask members to vote for the best Table Topics speaker.
- Right after the topics session give one minute on the clock for the audience to vote.
- Collect votes and count.
- When called upon at the end of the meeting, announce the winner and take a picture with them in front of Liberty Village Toastmasters banner with the winners ribbon for the website.