February 3, 2016
For the first time in Liberty Village Toastmasters history, we travelled back to the past, reliving (and revising) this year’s speech & evaluation contest. This time, our contestants received valuable feedback as they prepared for the Area Contest; in the evaluation segment, two new competitors — Jordan and Arash — entered the ring.
Special thanks to our guest Graham for delivering an “impromptu” target speech, and congrats to Arash for his history-changing, contest-winning evaluation!
***AREA CONTEST TOMORROW ***
Attend the Area Contest and support our club’s competitors:
Tuesday March 1st, 7 – 9pm
ARIDO Offices @ the Toy Factory Lofts, Liberty Village
43 Hanna Avenue, 5th Floor
RSVP here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/area-27c-international-speech-speech-evaluation-contests-tickets-21665390767
1. The front of the building has a big sign “Toy Factory Lofts”. Hard to miss.
2. After 5 pm the front doors may be locked. You may need to buzz your way in. The security desk will ask “what is the purpose of your visit
3. You say “Toastmasters” and he will say “fifth floor”
4. Take the elevator to the fifth floor, and turn right, and you will see the entrance to the ARIDO offices. The front door should be open.
5. Walk into the reception area. It faces the boardroom, which is where we meet.
6. If you are unable to get in for any reason, please call: 416-948-8108
Jordan will be our Toastmaster, and we’ll hear speeches from Wes and John.
For more info on attending our next meeting as a guest, click here.